Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does it look better to go in early, or stay late?

I've always had it in my head that when you go in early, it's because you are trying to get ahead. But if you stay late, it's like you couldn't manage your time to leave on time.



My co workers give me a hard time for leaving right at 5 when they will stay later. (15-30 min) But I go in 20-30 minutes early everyday, when they come in right on time or 15 minutes late.



What do you think?



Does it look better to go in early, or stay late?opera sheet music



No matter if it's early or late - it only looks good if your work is done, and done well.



If you find you work better at the 'office' when its quiet before everyone arrives then by all means go early. Or at the end of the day is when you produce your best results, stay that extra half hour.



I do personally think if people needlessly stay late it shows unorganization, but there are lots of reasons, so who am I to judge.



Does it look better to go in early, or stay late?shows opera theater



I've always thought go in early cause it shows that you actually care about your work.
I have always thought if you are going to stay extra time.. it best in the morning. Its usually quiet and you can get a few things done. It also looks as if you are ready and prepared for the day. Not rushing in at the last minute and then going after coffee, catching up with co-workers, etc. and not starting for another 30 minutes. If you stay late, it looks like you are rushing to get stuff done. I would really care if they hassle me, I would remind them that you get there early and you get your work done, b/c you don't care to stay late. Don't let them make you feel bad b/c they don't do their job properly or productively!



You got the right idea.. so stick to it!
I have always gone in early and not been afraid to stay late, if the situation of the day warrants it.



For instance, I like to get an easy start to the day, so I always go in about 30 mins early.



I typically plan to leave at 5, but if I am in the middle of something as 5 rolls around, I do NOT rush to complete it just so I can leave or rush through a customer just so I can leave.



Hope that helps.
Time is not important. What is important is that you are on top of your job. For example if you have an early morning meeting at 8.00am you come in early to read your emails and are updated withe the latest information. On the other hand if you need to meet a deadline before you leave for the day, you stay back to complete it rather than going by the clock. Everyone thinks that their boss does not notice good things, but they are wrong.. Most bosses are bosses because they can screen out the good people.
if you care about the job or are even looking for a good reference in the future go early and stay late. We are only talking a few minutes but make it worthwhile i.e. do something useful and hopefully interesting so that you are happy and of course your employer so go to it and good luck---it's about putting your best foot forward....and gives you Brownie points all good bonuses for the future.
Theyre both good things, but something about staying later, shows alot, because most people are ready to go home. I personally wouldnt want to stay late, Id be like you, and would rather go in early.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter