Thursday, December 10, 2009

Emily Dickinson poem "Tho' I get home how late". Can somebody help me out? I just nee

Here is the poem by Emily Dickinson. I don't understand it and I have nothing to even start working on. Can somebody please help me out!



Tho' I get home how late -- how late --



So I get home -- 'twill compensate --



Better will be the Ecstasy



That they have done expecting me --



When Night -- descending -- dumb -- and dark --



They hear my unexpected knock --



Transporting must the moment be --



Brewed from decades of Agony!



To think just how the fire will burn --



Just how long-cheated eyes will turn --



To wonder what myself will say,



And what itself, will say to me --



Beguiles the Centuries of way!



Emily Dickinson poem "Tho' I get home how late". Can somebody help me out? I just need couple ideas.pacific theater



it sounds mournful, kinda like the person wants to die -or-maybe it's about loneliness and how the person is tired of being alone all the time...Dickinson was really a miserable woman, who i think was in love with a minister who was married (something like that i do believe). i don't remember how it all goes, but it may help if you look up dickinson and read about her first, then re-read the poem. good luck.



Emily Dickinson poem "Tho' I get home how late". Can somebody help me out? I just need couple ideas.phantom of the opera opera theater



The poem is about death. Dying late in life, the more joy in seeing departed loved ones and they will be surprised, yet the process (dying/transporting) steeped from many years of pain.



Fire is a reference to ("Keep the home fires burning") home. Long-cheated eyes (eyes of those who have not seen her in a very long time. Emily does not even know what she will say!



Mystifies the many years of old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter