Saturday, December 5, 2009

What will happen if I file my state taxes late, but I don't owe them anything?

My state's website won't allow me to e-file for some strange reason, but, if I don't get to file until later, will I get penalized for filing late? I don't owe them and they don't owe me any money. So how does that go? I live in Louisiana if that helps any



Thanks...



What will happen if I file my state taxes late, but I don't owe them anything?concert tickets



you may be able to file with no penalty (if you don't owe) but why wait if you are receiving a refund?



What will happen if I file my state taxes late, but I don't owe them anything?theater seating opera theater



If you don't owe anything consider your tax paid in full and you have up to 3 years to file your taxes....
You can't electronically file your taxes if you file late(pretty sure). And as long as you don't owe, there is not penalities of filing late. However, if you have refund coming from year of previous as early as 2004 then your deadline to file and eligible to get your refund back is April 15th, 2008. I have always adviced people to have someone professionally done. Mine is very simple but I had mine done professionally. It's accurate and affortable. And you don't have to worry about not doing it correctly. It's not worthed doing it yourself.
nothing will happen if you break even and file after the deadline



just make sure you do it or your local department of revenue will do it for you and won't have anything to back up your claimed credits, so giterdun

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter