Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm in my 2nd year is it too late to consider study abroad options?

my gpa is a 2.4, I plan on rasing it this semester to at least a 3 or higher. I was wondering is it too late to consider study abroad, because I know I may never get the chance to do it again.



Is it too late?



I'm in my 2nd year is it too late to consider study abroad options?regal theater



No. Actually the normal time to study abroad is during your junior year in in college. Just make sure you have a strong GPA. If you type in "study abroad programs" in your search engine so many choices pop up. Also if your university has an actual international studies office or career service (they have internship possiblities and often can direct you to someone that knows). Make sure that you research the study abroad organization %26amp; read the testimonials from previous students. If you want there's a program were you can visit many different countries and not stay in just one named Semester at Sea. Plus, if you have financial aid you can transfer it to pay for your abroad studies %26amp; some have scholarships. I hope this helps!!!



I'm in my 2nd year is it too late to consider study abroad options?performing art center opera theater



i don't think so. my friend from australia came here in his 3rd year and another came in his last semester.
It's never too late! Your GPA might not make it, though. The trip I went on to Europe (London and Rome) required a minimum of a 3.0 GPA average.



If you do end up going, have fun!
no. it's not too late. you're on the right track. get your gpa up because there are gpa requirements and you may not make it with 2.4. I was on my 3rd year when i considered internships. My work study options were go to Japan or work @Walt Disney World FL. I chose the latter. I should've went to Japan too, but i have no idea why i didn't after Disney. Maybe because of money. You have to pay for your own travel expenses and living expenses. That's why I picked Disney because they paid me wages. At least that helped me with phone and rent. Plus it's DISNEY. Period.



Financial Aid didn't pay for any of these expenses. I don't know if it has changed. You also must pay the university tuition for the work study/coop education, in which you can use financial aid. But the GOOD thing with work study/internship/coop education is there are no exams. It's Pass or Fail. The university gave me I believe it was 6 credits. So it was a win win situation. Just Pass it, which meant for me, I have to be on time for work and get good reviews from my managers. When you pass it, university gives you A or 4.0 for your grade which will increase your gpa. Well, that depends on your supervising prof. My prof was proud of us (there were only 2 of us fr our university who were picked to go to Disney, and we were the pioneers) and he made us do a report on what we did and what we learned while doing coop education in Disney. So he gave us an A or 4.0. It was a very nice experience. I recommend to every college student to do coop education/work study.



You will have lots of options depending on the work study/coop education programs you have at the university. I suggest you talk to your counselor or favorite professor who can point you to the right direction, and find out now what programs they offer and what the requirements are. So that you can plan your steps.



Good luck.
I'd say it's actually a bit early to start studing broads at age 2.
No--I studied abroad in grad school and post grad. You need to get those grades up, though! Take a couple of courses in the language of the country where you plan to visit first, so you'll be able to get around and ask for the basic necessities, like where the bathroom is!
NO NO NO! Go!!! You'll regret not doing it. Believe me, do it! (And its NEVER too late! I did it last semester and I graduated last year and I plan to do it again and again and even went to school with older people)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter